Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Follow Carolina (A Twitter Post)

I Twitter. I'm not immersed in it to the point I have no life (novel writing did that to me years ago) but for the past year, I've used it to keep in contact with friends and family. Recently, I decided to put Carolina Towns and Trails on Twitter so I could run fresh feed on this blog (see sidebar. You may have to scroll down.)

And I'm having a blast! I had no idea so many Carolina entities Twitter. I'm following the NC Zoo, the South Carolina Aquarium, Grandfather Mountain, Chimney Rock, Blue Ridge Country Magazine, WNC Magazine, Brookgreen Gardens and more. Good grief, why didn't I think of this before? I not only stay up-to-date on Carolina goings-on, I can ReTweet (RT) news they pass along, which, again, is instantly posted on this blog. Can you tell I'm thrilled?

If you'd like to "follow" the Carolinas on Twitter, I listed some of the Tweeters I've found so far. I'll add more as I go. And if you can suggest others, please do!

(I added the @ to the username to distinguish it as Twitter. Name of organization in parenthesis)

@SCaquarium
@GoGreensboro
@VisitNC
@CharlestonInfo
@GrandfatherMtn
@ChimneyRockPark
@tbrmdotcom (Blue Ridge Mountains)
@NCZooSociety
@NCFSP (Friends of NC State Parks)
@WNCmagazine
@BrookgreenSC
@SC_State_Parks
@TownofEdenton
@nature_org (Nature Conservancy)
@brp75 (Blue Ridge Parkway)
@BRCmagazine

Oh, and CT&T. For lack of a better name (CTT was taken), I'm @CarolinaTrails. You can find my profile page at http://twitter.com/CarolinaTrails.

No comments:

Additional Stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails