Pages

Coronado Springs Resort

In case you're wondering why I used a photo of an Orlando destination in my blog banner:

Besides the fact that I'm shocked it came out, my husband and I recently traveled to Orlando, where my husband attended a conference at the Coronado Springs Resort Convention Center. We enjoyed the scenic grounds, but not the prices at the restaurants. If you visit, leave the complex and find a local eatery. There's plenty, and you can get a meal for less then ten dollars instead of the $14, $16, and higher price tags we found.

The hotel itself is nice. We had a comfortable queen-size bed in a spacious enough room. The grounds are clean and attractive. In addition to two pools, the resort offers a crescent-shaped beach complete with wide hammocks hanging between palm trees. Who can beat that?

But don't even think about swimming in the lake. Alligators are present. While not open during this visit, the resort maintains a small marina with rental boats--a far safer mode of puttering across the water. Also, because this is a Disney property, shuttles to the parks run throughout the day. We didn't check out the Magic Kingdom on this trip. Everytime we visit the area, Space Mountain is closed!


Photos from this trip are on our Smugmug Site.

The cross-country journeys are over, and it's back to exploring outdoor Carolina. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Welcome back! Yes, I was wondering about the picture, though it is very pretty. Will you have more travel photos to post?

KB said...

I'm not sure. I spent the majority of my time indoors while in California, and the only pics I snapped then were of my grandson. If we can't get out this weekend, I'll write the report on Topsail Beach, which keeps getting pushed aside.

Thanks for stopping by!