Pages

Our State Magazine's Gift to Readers

Our State Magazine is a great resource for North Carolinians. Each month's issue is loaded with information and photos on NC destinations, stories about North Carolinians, recipes and more. I can't wait to get my copy (though I often groan when I see an article about a destination I recently covered in this blog.) It's a great resource, one every North Carolinian should have.

The people at Our State apparently appreciate that attitude as much as they appreciate NC. Inside the June 2008 issue I found a card I nearly tossed out. According to the copy, as a means of saying thanks for 75 years of loyalty to the magazine, Our State is giving their readers a complimentary admission coupon and a choice of over thirty locations to choose from. Included are Linville Caverns near Boone, The Elizabethan Gardens in Manteo, the North Carolina Zoo, Tryon Palace, Grandfather Mountain, and too many others to mention.

The hitch: the coupon is only valid on June 7, 2008.

So if you received the latest copy of Our State and you haven't yet ditched the irritating little cards inside, tear it out of the hands of whoever is reading it and flip to page 79, stopping first to read pages 1-78.

And I'll see you at The Elizabethan Gardens or the Aquarium on Roanoke Island. Or perhaps the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. Oh! How about the Great Smoky Mountgains Railroad? Or Ayr Mount in Hillsborough....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent website, Kimberli! Your articles make me want to cry, because they're so beautifully written and have made me homesick!! Thanks for your research and interesting posts. I wish I could go ride the roads with you right now.

KB said...

Thank you, Julie. I'm so glad you like the articles. I love the Carolinas and love sharing them with others. I know how homesick I would be if I had to leave (I can't believe how much I miss SC!) so I'm glad you're able to come here and get a taste of home. If you have a particular place you would like me to cover, just let me know. Thanks for stopping by!

Yvonne said...

http://microsite.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/venue.html

Present the Museum Day admission card to receive free general admission at participating Museum Day locations. The admission card is available in the September 2008 issue of Smithsonian magazine or downloadable via this site. (For those in NC, Old Salem is one of the participating museums ...)

Yvonne